Integrated teaching practices that nurture the highest standards of intellect, character and physical development

 

Kindergarten



 

Kindergarten at School of the Nations is comprised of three levels:

  • K1 – Students 3 to 4 years of age, with a maximum of 15 students per class.
  • K2 – Students 4 to 5 years of age, with a maximum of 21 students per class.
  • K3 – Students 5 to 6 years of age, with a maximum of 23 students per class.

The HIDDEN GEMS Early Childhood Education curriculum of School of the Nations is organized into four main areas: Character Development, Science, Math and Language. Each area uses a wide variety of methods and activities designed to initiate the development of moral, social and intellectual capabilities in children over three consecutive year beginning at age 3, 4 or 5. Students are placed into levels based on their educational and social circumstances and the level of their maturity. 70% of instruction is English-medium and the remaining 30% of instruction is for Mandarin Chinese language-learning. If you are interested in applying to have your child join SON’s Kindergarten programme, please visit our Admissions page.

The Character Development curriculum focuses on helping students to develop individual understandings, attitudes, skills and habits that aim to assist them to begin paving a life-long path towards developing their best selves. Through focusing learning objectives on the development of moral capabilities, such as the capability of contributing to a united, loving and responsible family or the capability of building unity in diversity, students are accompanied to become active learners in age appropriate processes of individual and community progress. The goal of developing these capabilities is approached through utilizing short passages from the Baha’i Writings and exploring the practical meaning of spiritual concepts, and by reinforcing learning objectives through stories, role plays, discussions, games and arts activities.

The Science Curriculum is designed to lay foundations for a scientific approach to life. In particular it attempts to establish an intuitive understanding of systems by exploring the family, the creation of God, and the human being from smoothly integrated spiritual and material perspectives.

The Language Curriculum explores both English and Mandarin languages. Students will participate in reading and conversational learning opportunities in both languages. School of the Nations’ Storybook Series is one such experience that your students will have.